Things To Consider When It Comes To Elevating Your Home This Fall
- Color palette – consider what colors speak to you! We are currently obsessed with burnt orange, emerald green, gold and chocolate
- Gather outside – hang some string lights, get a few plush pillows and grab a cozy blanket to really set the fall aesthetic
- Decorate your front porch – utilize lanterns, artificial leaves, pumpkins, squash, throw blankets and a homemade wreathe
- Consider your space and how much time you can truly allocate to decorating and maintaining your home
Some Fall Fun To DIY
- Wheat Centerpiece – Venture off to your local Farmer’s Market, purchase a bundle of dried wheat, tie colored ribbon around the base and voila! For an elevated look consider placing your bundles inside a glass jar.
- Cornucopia 2.0 – Looking for a modern twist on this traditional piece? Look into different textures, colors, and themes. Head to your local craft store and pick up various pumpkins, squash, and acorns. Don’t forget to grab some acrylic paint, glitter, and velour fabric to really elevate your piece.
- Pumpkin Centerpiece – This is another fun one your guests will be raving about all night! This is a longer process but the results will be worth it. You will need floral foam, shears, a small pumpkin, and fresh flowers of your choice – choose between carnations, roses, and sunflowers. Another tip to remember, try to soak your floral foam overnight.
- Pear Place Cards – Hosting a dinner party? Write your guests names on wooden leaves and attach them to pear stems!
- Don’t be afraid to step outside of your box and use color – deep velvets, rich purples, and even jet black will instantly modernize any room in the house.
- Plaid is a great piece which can later help you transition to winter.
- Consider mixing inexpensive elements, like wood chargers, with delicate china. This trick can really change up a look without breaking the budget.
Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall. F. Scott Fitzgerald