Tips & Tricks For Summer 2020
Things To Consider When It Comes To Summer + Safety
- If you need to escape to the beach consider driving an hour north of Los Angeles and you will be faced with smaller crowds.
- If we are experiencing a heat wave, grab an extra water and snacks to keep on hand just in case you aren’t feeling well.
- The sun is not your friend – always remember to grab sunscreen and reapply every two hours.
Even though Federal, State, local laws and Stay at Home Orders are changing rapidly, remember to exercise care to protect yourself and assess your own risks. Confirm lodging, dining options, and national park + beach closures before you leave to your destination. Living in Los Angeles we are very fortunate to be a short drive away from some ‘gram worthy destinations – here are some of our top picks:
- Palm Springs – About 100 miles from LA, you can enjoy golfing, poolside lounging and an array of restaurants. Walk around Downtown, check out the Art Museum and take a drive down to Joshua Tree National Park.
- Santa Barbara – If you like wine then we highly recommend taking a trip up to SB. This coastal beach town really embodies the carefree, calm, “in the moment” lifestyle.
- Catalina Island – Less than 26 miles from LA, Catalina is a perfect day trip for anyone who is looking for adventure, dining, and fishing! Catalina Express ferry sails from both Long Beach and San Pedro.
- Laguna Beach – Known for it’s art scene and beautiful beaches, this is a perfect spot to spend Sunday afternoon. Make sure to check out an abandoned Pirate’s tower in Victoria Beach.
- Sedona, Arizona – Soaring Red Rocks cradle an array of resorts, spas, art galleries and boutique wineries. Surrounded by 1.8 million acres of open space, explore various hiking trails as you wind through these infamous Red Rocks. Sedona is a bit of a drive but this is a sight you do not want to miss!
- Need to escape the hectic lifestyle of hustle & bustle – grab your bike, drive down to the suburbs and take a nice afternoon stroll around a new community.
- Learn how to make kombucha yourself – this is a something you may enjoy and continue to do every summer.
Summertime is always the best of what might be. Charles Bowden