Staying Safe on Site During Covid-19
On March 11, 2020 the World Health Organization declared the Novel Coronavirus Disease, COVID-19, a pandemic. Two days later, a national emergency was declared in the United States concerning the COVID-19 Outbreak. Older adults and people who have severe underlying chronic medical conditions like heart or lung disease, diabetes or compromised immune systems appear to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19.
New Protocols For Relators & Buyers
The California Association of Realtors has created a “Coronavirus Property Entry Advisory and Declaration” which can be obtained by the Listing Broker or Buyer’s Agent. A new declaration should be signed from each visitor, every time they enter a property. This form may be used for more than one property visited on the date the declaration is signed. If you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out directly to your agent!
- We will not be hosting open houses or showings which are open to the public or on a walk-in basis; property tours will be appointment only.
- We will be utilizing virtual tours via social media and Facetime, if virtual tours are not feasible, we will limit the number of people present during showings.
- Be expected to provide verification of funds and lender prequalification letters for all non-virtual, in-person showings.
Rules of Entry
Even though Federal, State, and local laws and Stay at Home Orders are changing rapidly, remember to exercise care to protect yourself and assess your own risks. Consider your age, underlying health conditions, recent travel, possible exposure to COVID-19, and doctor’s recommendations. Below are Property Entrant Rules everyone will need to follow:
- Wash your hands with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer, immediately upon entry and before touring or inspecting the Property. Remember to not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Wear a protective face covering at all times.
- Practice social distancing by keeping at least 6 feet between yourself and others. Do not gather in groups.
- All persons on property for in-person showings should avoid touching knobs, faucets, toilets and toilet handles, light switches, garage door opener buttons, handles and pulls, alarm system controls, fan pulls, remotes, thermostats, switchboxes, gates and gate latches, window locks and sashes, pool coverings, and other such items. If it is necessary to touch surfaces or items in the Property, be sure to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before leaving.
- Upon exiting the Property, discard any disposable face coverings, disposable gloves or disposable shoe coverings worn during the visit.
- All information will be delivered electronically. We will discontinue providing handouts or other types of promotional or informational materials.
- We will avoid passing transaction materials such as pens, paperwork, and keys.
- Discussions after the showing with the seller or clients will be conducted digitally through email, telephone, Zoom or FaceTime, rather than in person.
“This, too, shall pass.”